Easy and Healthy Vegan spinach & tofu Quiche.
Healthy – Easy – Eggless- creamy – Vegan
Preparation: 25 Mins Cooking: 40 Mins
- 1Tsp of coconut oil (optional, to sauté the spinach and onions)
- Fresh spinach (one bag/350gr) you could use frozen but make sure to drain very well first.
- 4 scallions or 1 Spanish onion (white onion)
- Tofu, silken. 350gr (try to use organic)
- Turmeric (1 tsp, to make it yellow)
- Garlic powder, 1 tbsp
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Chickpea Flour, 1 tbsp (or replace with cornstarch)
- vegan cheese, 4 oz or to taste. I used Daiya this time.
- You will also need a pie crust for one pie. Make it or buy it! I bought mine this time.
Preheat oven at 425F (220C).
Precook your pie crust for 10 mins before adding the filling, this will make sure your quiche is not saggy. When you take the pie crust out lower the temperature to 355F
Cook Spinach and scallions (or onions) on the stove until tender. In the blender, put all the other ingredients but reserve the cheese. Blend until smooth. Transfer your tofu mixture in a bowl and add your cook spinach and scallions. Ideally, wait that your spinach cools a little. This will helps for condensation and will helps your pie not to become leeky. Then add the cheese of your choice.
Bake in the oven for 40 mins at 355F
When I made this quiche the first time I was not sure at all of what the outcome would be. To my great surprise, it was amazing!! It doesn’t taste like eggs, so keep in mind that this is different. But I am sure you will love it.
For another tofu recipe, try my Vegan crispy spring roll!
Try this healthy vegan spinach & tofu quiche and let me know what you think! Comment below or send me a message for any info on one of my recipes!