These healthy & vegan spring rolls will put a smile on everyone at the table!
They are bake NOT fried and taste amazing!
Preparation: 20 mins – Cooking time 40 Mins
Vegan – fill with veggies – healthy – freeze easy – kids friendly
Let me tell you I wasn’t sure about this recipe until I tried it. I was amazed at how crispy the spring rolls become even if they are not deep-fried. I use no more than a tablespoon of vegetable oil to cook 20 spring roll. You need to try this recipe as son as you can, the kids will love it!
- a pack of 20 spring roll wrapper store-bought (I bought mine at price shopper in the vegan meat section)
- 1 block of tofu (firm and cut in long slices)
- shredded red cabbage
- shredded carrots
- green onions (i only use for decoration in the picture but you can put some inside)
- sesame seed (optional)
- 1 teaspoon of cornstarch dissolved in an equal amount of water. (this is your glue to roll your spring rolls
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons of tamari or say sauce
- 4 tablespoon of maple syrop
- 1 clove of fresh garlic, chopped finely
- a dash of siracha or another type of your choice.
Lay all your ingredients, and start rolling. (see pictures below). One important rule is to not fill the spring roll wrappers to much. And If you are having trouble wrapping, this means they are too full. Take some stuff out. In other words, make them skinnier!
Place in a pan with parchment paper and lightly oil the rolls with a brush or your finger. I just find that with the brush I need much less oil. Therefore you will have a much healthier version of spring rolls. I baked the rolls in a glass pan this time and I didn’t need parchment paper.
Bake @ 425F / 220C for 40 mins. flipping them halfway through. ** please check them and evaluate according to how your oven is cooking.
Enjoy these HEALTHY & VEGAN SPRING ROLLS my lovely health seekers!
Contact me for any info or special request!