Hey my lovely HEALTH SEEKER, To continue our Cheery theme this week… These healthy chocolate cherry muffins recipe is a recipe with lots of cherries, or as much as you like and not much sugar. Only a little bit of natural sugar. It is the cherry season, and they are affordable and it is time to put them everywhere you can!
Cherries 🍒 are filled with antioxidants and only 50 calories for 100 grams!! Yééh!! They are also a good source of vitamins C & B3!
Preparation time : 10 mins Baking time: 30 mins
Start the Oven at 350 F
Dry Ingredients (mix together):
- 1) 2 cups Whole wheat flour regular of bread flour (or any baking flour will work);
- 2) 1 Tbs of baking powder;
- 3) 2 Tbs of freshly grounded flax seeds (there is no need to make flax egg);
- 4) 1/4 cup of coconut flakes;
- 5) 1/4 of raw sugar, cane sugar or any sugar you have really;
- 6) 1/4 cup of chocolate chunks;
- 7) 1/4 cup of chops nuts (optional) ;
- 8) pinch of salt;
Wet ingredients (Add to the dry ingredients):
- 1) 2cups of plant milk;
- 2) 1/2 cup of water or 1 smash banana;
- 3) 1/2 cup of pitted and chopped cherries (you could replace with cranberries);
- 4) 1/4 of maple syrup or agave syrup;
- 5) 2 Tbs of oil;
Mix it all together and place in a muffin pan or in silicone muffin cups. They are awesome by the way, they don’t stick and you don’t need to oil your pan. I find it easier and healthier.
Bake for 30 mins at 350 F
In conclusion, try these chocolate cherry muffins I am sure the whole family will love them. Don’t be scared to switch ingredients don’t forget that a recipe is just a guided line
Don’t be shy to contact me for any questions and please comment on these healthy chocolate cherry muffins.
Enjoy and cherry up!