Easy Vegan Chop Suey Recipe
Time to chop the veggies : 5 mins
Time to cook 10 to 15 mins (depending on how you like your veggies crunchy)
- Olive oil – 1 tsp (or you can wather sauter your veggies of coure)
- Onion – 1 (red or yellow)
- pepper – 1 (green or red or yellow)
- zucchini 1 or 2 (they are on sale this week!)
- mushroom (1 cup)
- Brocoli (2 cups)
- Mung bean sprout 2 cups
- Tofu extra firm or for something a bit more tasty vegan groud beaf (from yves) thats what I use last nignt! You can’t be perfect al the time!;)
- 1 cup of wather (to add when your cooking to enhance the flavors and prevent sticking.
salt & pepper to taste
Tamari 2 tbs (or soy sauce)
worshester sauce 1 tbs (I love the vegan organic kind but it’s optional) and if you are using plain tofu you could add some steak spices or/and a little hot sauce.
Chop all of your Veggies (the size that you love).
Heat up a wok or a big none stick skillet. add the onion for 2-3 mins then add your meat replacement (if your using tofu add it only towards the end. cook for 4-5 mins
Then add the rest of your veggies BUT NOT THE BEANS. and cook until it’s not to crunchy unless you love it crunchy of course.
Add the soy sauce, the worshester sauce and salt and pepper to taste.
when its done add the sprout beans and mixe properly to mix in all of those flavors together and serve!
As you will soon be familiar with my kind of cooking you will realise that I am not about quantity or rigidity when it comes to ingredients. The best recipe is made with love and what you have left in your fridg! Therefore dont’t hesitate to substitute ingrendients and add any spices that you love. Remember that a recipe is just a starting canvas to create your on goodnes!
Serve and enjoy!