Quinoa Chili Bowl – Easy and Fast all in one!
This is a Fast and Easy recipe to make your Monday night a little bit smoother. I know it’s Monday!
First of all, clean out your fridge and get whatever is left from the weekend or the week before and that are your ingredients! Of course, it needs to be ingredients that you could put in a chili! lol
Here are some examples:
Onions, peppers (any colors), zucchinis (again any colors), mushrooms, celery, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, really any veggies that you can cook! If you are missing some ideas in the fridge, check out your Freezer for let’s say… Frozen corn or/and edemames. Wich is also really good in chili.
next, you will need;
- 1 can of diced tomatoes,
- 2 cups of veggie broth,
- 1 clove of garlic (minced)
- chili seasoning ( i use chili powder, smoked paprika, turmeric, cumin & curry) we like it a little Indian style.
- Hot sauce (sriracha, or other. We love Frank’s red hot)
- 1 cup of quinoa (Dry)
- 1 can of red kidney beans. (if you only have other beans it’s fine too!)
- You could also add tofu toward the end if you like… not necessary
- salt & pepper to taste
Cut up all your veggies. Cook your veggies and garlic in a big pot med to high heat until they are not too crunchy anymore. (about 10-15 mins) then, add 1/2 of your broth and your tomatoes. Mixe a little and add your quinoa and your spices. You can add more liquid towards the end if the quinoa is not cooked enough.
cook for 30 to 45 mins med heat, remember to check if you need to add water.
Presentation: Add fresh coriander leaf & slices avocado.
Serve and enjoy!;)
Here are some articles that may help take a turn towards a greener way of life..;)